Saturday, February 26, 2005

Middle Bro is up to something.

I sense one of my younger brothers lookin' to waylay me. It seems all liitle brothers do that from time to time, but I bear the burden of having a particularly sneeky, coniving, and underhanded pair. Don't know where they picked that up.

As I awake this morning in the great state of TN the sun is out, there's sparkling frost on the zoysia and I find Wellbigger'sThunderAce in pieces in the garage. Hmmmm.

There is a new exhaust system over there. Lots of shiny bits over here. Rags, polishing wheel lint bunnies, emery cloth, clean and highly organized tools. ...(sniff, sniff) I smell trouble.
Big Red may need an update. No need to woory about Nate, pieces of his scooter fly off when I pass him, but Welldigger may be up to something serious.

See, Welldigger dug up this ThunderAce on ebay and I encouraged him to buy it, 'cause I could tell it was somebody's old track bike. Folks hear the term 'track bike' and think 'faster than street'. This is not necessarily so, alot of 'em are ragged out. So I picked it up for him and delivered it on my trailer banking on it being a POS. It is. However, it wouldn't take a whole lot to put it in fighting trim and that would be capital 'T' trouble. BigRed and I would be relagated to exhaust sniffing. Normally I wouldn't worry over this but Welldigger has been hangin' out with the neighbor, Ron, (who likes to build racecars and set track records in NHRA) and they are both psycho type 'A' mechanics.

What's a brother to do?!

No comments: