Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bunn

I know. Who gets excited over a coffeemaker? First time for me I gotta tell ya'.

The ol' coffee pot went ta' shit and I told the wife I wanted on of them damn near instant coffee makers. Her mom has one and it makes the closest thing to percolated coffee I've had yet. The coffee tastes 'cooked' somehow.

And it's not just the coffee, 3 minutes for a pot of hot water. Think Earl Grey, hot chocolate w/ 'fluff'. MMMMMMMMMMMM

I put this household appliance in the same category as that KitchenAid mixer the wife stands back from, throws yummy things into and out pops pie makin's. Derby Pie anyone?

Incidently, here's the wife's variation if you want to celebrate the Derby proper:

1 cup sugar (pure cane)
1/4 cup flour
2 beaten eggs
1 stick melted butter (must be cooled)
1 cup pecan pieces
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Put into store bought frozen dough pie crust.

bake 1 hour at 325 F

Enjoy!

No comments: