Wednesday, July 06, 2005

What's your name?

I'm sittin' in my lawnchair readin' the Stephen Hunter paperback I didn't realize was out there when I look up to see a three year old pixie. Wouldn't make a popcorn fart and slim and small as nothin - big green eyes and dishwater hair in stubby curly pigtails. Gotta be an elf in the woodpile.....

-"Hi! What's your name?", she doesn't really care, she's just getting the conversation started.

+"Jim. What's your name?", I do care. I've never met elfinkind before.

-"Tiffany! Is your mommy awake?", she means my wife. This get's me outa the chair and grinnin'!

+"uh-huh. I'll get her for ya', c'mon."

I stick my head in the door of the motorhome, "Oh Mom, someone here to see you!"

What fun. This little girl carried on like that all of last week while we were on vacation.

It's the 'little' things that bring joy to life.

No comments: