Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Mission Accomplished

I purchased the MacGregor 25 today. I did not steal it, but nearly so. The owner, Joe "The Drill", let it go for much less than it is worth and I acknowledged that before, during, and after the negotiation, but I still think we are both happy with the deal. I have heard it said that the other fella should be mad when the deal is done. I generally settle for melancholy. He was; he's gonna miss his boat. Interesting nickname he has. I didn't ask - I didn't want to know.

If the weather and the details go well she should be in the water Saturday at Cave Run lake. Expect pictures and posts.

Gregg and Res: There will be no bass fishing off my boat. Not because it is unseemly, but because I can't catch a fish without a jug, a treble hook, and a hotdog. So, I ain't havin' no one showin' off on my boat.

Don't forget, Jimmy Buffet is from Alabama.

No comments: